ATOM comprehensively integrates IZ Technology's RADAR with existing film and television sound post production techniques...
Soundmaster Group's collaboration with the designers of RADAR has produced a unique leading edge solution for the sound post production industry. Already successfully employed for ADR fitting on films such as "The Assignment", an 8 channel SDDS digital feature starring Aidan Quinn, Donald Sutherland and Ben Kingsley, dialogue autoconforming on CBS made-for-TV movies, and sound effects editing on dramatic and animated television series, the potent combination of the ION Operating Environment and RADAR has produced extraordinary results. For example, automatically checkerboarded ambience tracks were frame-accurately laid on 24 episodes of a one hour network drama series without a single time code number ever having to be typed in manually ... and all in record time!
- ION Sequence Key control combines hundreds of equivalent RADAR keyboard keystrokes into one
- EDL autoconform brings DAW capabilities to RADAR
- RADAR's already smooth tape-like jog capability is further enhanced by the Soundmaster SHUTL
- ATOM externally synchronizes RADAR. As a result, standard ION system features such as reverse lock, mixed time code synchronization and SMART SYNC* are available to use. With Soundmaster Group's patented SMART SYNC varispeed lock feature, DAW time compression/expansion capability comes to RADAR. Unlike some digital workstations, RADAR performs this in real time under ATOM control!
- ION/RADAR integrates RADAR via its own remote's port, which facilitates access to every RADAR function, including 24+ track arming, crossfade control, looping, cut, copy, move, paste, undo as well as command over RADAR menus and Projects...features not accessible through the 9 pin port...and, better still, all of these features are available under manual, Sequence Key or EDL control!
Soundmaster Releases the Power of ATOM!
*SMART SYNC is a registered trademark of Soundmaster Group
Back to Soundmaster Group Home Page