The ION Operating Environment has been designed to provide the ultimate in versatility, flexibility and ease of use. Extremely fast and sophisticated software allows you to customize your work environment to your unique requirements. It also ensures that the system grows with you, without obsolescence.
- The user interface is programmable. This includes the number and order of the integrated devices displayed, your choice of whether time code is displayed for each, the ability to mix film Feet/frame displays with time code and other user selectable criteria.
- Sequence keys allow you to create powerful custom routines that link together "tools" available with ION that, together, are unavailable in any other system. The result: the ability to solve unique problems with elegant solutions that are extremely easy to implement
- "Identity" to many facilities is becoming more of an issue as competitors purchase identical hardware with little to differentiate it from your own. ION's connectivity adds new value to these otherwise similar components, and your own ingenuity can create proprietary systems using our programmable architecture
- ION's flexible SHUTL controller packs significant operating power in a very small footprint. Up to 52 individual Sequence keys are accessible at any one time, as well as a multi-purpose programmable shuttle wheel
- The disk-based foundation of ION's data files allows the instant recall/reset of various operating parameters with one keystroke, or automatically by the computer. Various operators can quickly configure the system to their own work style. Changing modes, from editorial to ADR/Foley recording to stereo mixing, is a snap
- There are no manual hardware adjustments...no switches to throw, pots to calibrate, nor jumpers to change. Controlled devices are "Autocalibrated" in seconds
Back to Soundmaster Group Home Page