Sequence keys, similar to "macro keys", allow you to add a very powerful, and personal, tailored dimension to ION applications. The features available are so exhaustive that Sequence keys, in essence, are a very intuitive form of an application programming language. They give individual facilities, and users, the tools needed to independently customize ION applications to their unique requirements. In their simplest form, they allow multiple keystroke routines to be performed with one keystroke, or automatically by the computer.
- Sequence keys are created in real time, with the computer memorizing keystrokes as you perform the routine manually
- Graphical editing allows you to view the keystrokes recorded in the form of Soundmaster keyboard legends, as well as their ASCII equivalents, and insert new, or delete existing, commands
- Multiple Sequence files can be stored to disk, enabling individual operators to utilize their own preferred setups, and quickly switch between them for various studio applications. Files can be merged to create new composites
- Virtually any number of Sequence keys can be created, of any length, and "nested" up to 25 levels deep. Sequence key nesting can be applied in a manner similar to computer subroutines
- Intelligent Sequence features include a "Pause" time, a "Wait" for specific keyboard entry and even a logic function that allows a Sequence key to determine which of three separate branches to follow when encountering a user defined numeric value. Variables such as "Master", "Record", "Source" allow Sequence keys to be non-machine specific
- Special Sequence keys are assigned to automatically respond with the user's commands when certain actions occur within the system. These include transitions involving individual device's "record" and "time code" status and the "All locked" tally. Other keys can even "read" values from the system's calculator and translate them into equivalent numeric keystrokes!
- Although the standard keyboard layout is crafted to maximize operational efficiency, every key is also programmable as a Sequence Key, as well as 52 separate functions on the optional SHUTL control unit
Back to Soundmaster Group Home Page