An optional, compact keyboard known as Shutl can be used in conjunction with the color coded ION PC keyboard, or on its own. An inherent shuttle knob can jog or shuttle various transports, and the 13 keys are all programmable as Sequence Keys. Up to 52 independent keystroke combinations, four levels of 13, can be accessed from one Shutl.
- Functions available on the ION PC keyboard can be mapped to the compact (5" X 8") Shutl. Many operators use the Shutl keyboard exclusively, especially when space is at a premium, leaving the QWERTY keyboard for adding comments to the EDL and other utilitarian matters.
- Shutl keys have four levels: Normal, Shift, Ctrl and Alt combinations, making it possible to have 52 (13 X 4) Shutl key Sequences. Up to three Shutl keyboards can be online simultaneously
- The Shutl key level can be selected within a sequence using the "Level of Shutl" item in the Sequence menu while recording a sequence. This allows you to program one of the Shutl keys to cycle through 2, 3 or all 4 Shutl levels, or for one key to select a specific level and the other keys to perform a sequence and then select the original level
- By assigning one or more Shutl keys to instantly recall various sequence key files from disk, an unlimited number of custom key layouts and functions are immediately available. This is very useful when moving among various projects involving ADR and Foley recording/fitting, sound editorial and mixing
- The Shutl knob can be instructed to always control the Master machine, regardless of which machine is currently being addressed, and can also be used to move the cursor up/down on menus/windows and on the Edit and Setup screens
- Jog and Shuttle modes are both available, with the control characteristics of the knob readily customized, and automatically tailored to the device being addressed
Back to Soundmaster Group Home Page