Soundmaster Auto Restored Timebase Synchronization is a patented feature that allows time compression and expansion of analog and digital media in real time. Unlike some methods that first require the digitizing of program information prior to its manipulation, SMART SYNC directly integrates original elements such as audio/video tape, sprocketed or disk-based media and enables them to be employed at a user defined speed. Complete functionality, including editing, fast forward/rewind and EDL control is maintained.
- Intuitive user interface provides powerfully simply data entry of in points/out points/lengths of master reference and source(s)
- Head, tail or mid-syncing of compressed/expanded program material is easily implemented. Excellent for hitting picture sync points when music editing, or for fitting dialogue or ADR
- Auto-calculation of resulting varispeed and pitch change, or varispeed setting can be entered directly
- Cross-synchronization of SMPTE/EBU/FILM time codes with or without speed change
- Exclusive 59.94 to 60 Hz and 60 to 59.94 Hz pull up/pull down utility, independent of SMART SYNC varispeed setting
- If an external pitch change device that can automatically track time code speed is available, the resulting sound can maintain exactly the same pitch as the original without any additional effort on the user's part
- Imagine the power that this feature, exclusive to Soundmaster Group, gives to the machines that you already own, and the time you will save transferring in and out of DAW's! Use it as a utility to easily fix otherwise fatal problems, or as a creative tool that makes your equipment time travellers
SMART SYNC is a registered trademark of Soundmaster Group,
and is protected by multiple patents.
Back to Soundmaster Group Home Page